Mid-year check-in: is your marketing plan working for you?
Now that half of the year has gone by, it’s the time to do a sense-check of your marketing plan (including social media marketing plan). Business owners are often overwhelmed with never-ending but important day-to-day avalanche of things that often times their poor strategic plans don’t get the attention they deserve.
Here are the questions you as small local business owners need to ask yourselves:
1. What are my objectives? Are they still the same as they were at the beginning of the year (or when I put together my plan)?
2. Are my objectives being met? Am I addressing all of them, or are some being ignored?
3. Is my marketing plan on track? Have I implemented the core actions/plans/activities that I had planned to do by this stage in the year?
4. What has worked so far, and what hasn’t worked? Do I need to amend my marketing plan for the rest of the year based on these results?
5. Are the results to date measurable? Is there anything I can do to better measure results moving forward?
6. Is there anything inhibiting my marketing plan to date, and if so, can I do anything about this?
7. How is my budget looking? Am I spending at the right pace, or do I need to decrease/increase to last the rest of the year?
It’s always easy to say that something is working because my business is still alive, and just leave things as they are right now. But the truth is if you want to successfully follow you marketing plans in order to grow your numbers you need to be constantly adapting them to suit changing circumstances.
So put this on your priority list today – check your marketing plan to make sure it’s working hard and effectively for your business. And if your business is at the end of the financial year you have even more reason to check and see how your marketing plan have done over the past year, and determine what can be done to improve for the following year.
- How to Easily Create a SlideShare Presentation ...
- While this list is not comprehensive by any mea...
- We’re all familiar with sticker shock; but with...
- I need to be active on social media, but IR...
- You’ve got the website and the promising client...